Make it a feast for the senses with special dinners
by acclaimed Italian chef Maurizio Bosetti
on February 23 and 24!
Executive Chef | Culinary Director | Restaurant Concept Creator
Stay tuned for more details.
BALESIN ART FAIR MECHANICS
The Art Fair’s theme “Balesin, Unique” aligns with the company’s vision of delivering one-of-a-kind and high-end projects, using art as an expression through painting and photo exhibits.
Participating artists must be able to show an out-of-the-box perspective of the island.
- Members of Balesin Island Club and The City Club and their endorsed guests*
*Endorsed guests must be accompanied by the member
- By invitation: showcase work commissioned especially for the fair from chosen artists who have made an impact in the arts
- Photo gallery
- Painting exhibition
- Kids: 12 years old and younger
- Junior: 13 to 17 years old
- Adult: 18 years old and older
- Participants must register online at https://bit.ly/BalesinArtFair2024 and select their chosen category. Fill out the necessary information needed for each field.
|ONLINE REGISTRATION||SUBMISSION||TIME | VENUE|
November 13, 2023
December 30, 2023
December 15, 2023
January 30, 2024
12 NN | 5th Floor, The City Club
- A confirmation email will be sent to the participant’s e-mail address to acknowledge the registration.
- Entries may be in PORTRAIT or LANDSCAPE orientation.
- Each artist must submit one entry only. Photos should be original based on their interpretation of the theme “Balesin, Unique.”
- All entries must be 3600 x 5400 pixels, 18″(H) x 12″(W), 300 DPI resolution and should be in jpeg format.
- All photos should be uploaded through the official Art Festival website link that will be sent to your email after official registration. Participants must submit the following documents:
- Completed official waiver and registration forms
- File of digital artwork 3600 x 5400 pixels (18×12 inches, 300 DPI, jpeg)
- Participant’s photo with their artwork
- Title of photo
- Follow this format in assigning a file name to your entry. It should be Surname, First Name, Title of artwork
Ex.: Dela Cruz, Juan, Matangain Digital
- Size: 8R
Uploading of entries with all necessary documents is from December 15, 2023 to January 30, 2024, 12NN.
Painting | Gallery Exhibit
- This category is open to any painting medium. Entries should be 18″ x 24″ size.
- Entries may be in PORTRAIT or LANDSCAPE orientation, wall-bound, and ready to hang.
- For verification, artists must submit a photo of their artwork printed or pasted on short bond paper and include the artist’s name and artwork title.
Ex.: Dela Cruz, Juan, Matangain Digital
- Artwork should be original based on their interpretation of the theme “Balesin, Unique.”
- Submit your artwork together with the printout of the signed waiver and registration form
- Submission of entries is from December 15, 2023 to January 30, 2024, Monday to Friday, 9AM to 4PM, except holidays.
- For framed artwork, frame borders must not be more than 2 inches, and weight must not be more than 2.5 kilos. Maximum size is 3ft (length) x 3 ft (height).
C. DISQUALIFICATION: (For all categories)
Entries will be disqualified in case of any of the following:
- Late artwork submission.
- Not following the given requirements, including age, size, and weight.
- Works that are obscene or may discriminate against any group, culture, belief, or integrity of others.
- Works using any illegal or hazardous material or substance.
- Unfinished work, including wet work or with incomplete documentation.
- Works that are copied from other artists or sources will be treated as plagiarized artwork.
- For Painting Category, fragile or brittle artwork.
- Validation of qualified entries will be done by Alphaland representatives.
- There will be 20 entries accepted for the Photo Category and 30 in the Painting Category, to be displayed at either The City Club or Balesin Island Club, upon the discretion of the Evaluation Committee.
E. ANNOUNCEMENT OF EXHIBITORS
- All qualified participants will be notified via registered email and SMS
- All unsold artwork after the exhibit will be offered to be displayed at Balesin Island Club or The City Club without any payment or reimbursement for the value thereof.
- 10% of the revenue from sold artworks will be donated to Barangay Balesin
F. RETRIEVAL OF ENTRIES
- All artwork that does not qualify must be retrieved from the Alphaland Corporate office, 5th floor, The City Club, Makati on a pre-scheduled basis.
- The artist must present their completed forms and valid IDs to authorized Alphaland personnel from the Events Team to claim his/her entry. NO FORMS, NO RELEASE OF ARTWORK.